To develop the next generation of alpine gear, Ueli Steck teamed up with Mountain Hardwear designers to create the ultimate speed-mountaineering kit: a system of apparel and equipment that’s not just lighter than anything available today, but designed with a simplicity and efficiency of function tailored to Steck’s style.
Follow Ueli as he returns the Himalaya this spring. Regular dispatches on Facebook and Twitter.
Nilas™ Jacket™ – 1 lb 6 oz
The Nilas Jacket’s windproof, water-resistant and air-permeable AirShield™ Elite shell fabric keeps its 850-fill down dry and warm, even after days on the mountain.
- Baffle construction for maximum loft and warmth
- One-handed hood and hem drawcords for quickadjustments
- Low profile, insulated hood
The Sleeping Bag
Mtn Speed™ 32
Sleeping Bag – 15.7 oz
Our lightest weight bag, built with 850-fill goose down and a shell fabric so light, theres only one mill in the world capable of weaving it.
- Single-handed drawcords simplify adjustments
- Insulated draft tube with anti-snag panel prevents
cold spots along the zipper
- Down-filled face gasket comfortably blocks drafts at
the hood opening
Direkt™ 2 Tent – 2 lb 8 oz
Deceptively simple and surprisingly strong, the award-winning Direkt 2 is a two-person alpine shelter at 2 lbs 8 oz.
- Internal pole system
- Proprietary Evolution Tension Arch™ stabilizes the
tent using fewer poles
- Welded zipper flap construction is lighter and drier
than a sewn flap
Pack – 2 lb 8 oz
The only pack light enough for Ueli Steck, the award-winning SummitRocket 40 is adaptable, comfortable and made to move as fast as Ueli does.
- Roll-Top design for easier access, while minimizing
weight and clutter
- Dual density, low profile shoulder straps for a much
more comfortable carry
- Dual daisies and ice axe cradles create versatile tool